A total of 92 new COVID-19 cases were confirmed on Monday, as the Health Ministry recorded 68 new cases in its evening update. The number of active cases now stands at 919.
The Ministry says the 68 new cases show results from samples taken during the period August 18th to August 23rd, 2020 and is therefore not representative of the positive cases over the last 24 hours alone.
The number of recoveries remain at 165 and a total of 15 virus related deaths have been recorded- the latest of which was published in Monday’s morning update
Members of the public are reminded that they must adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations and take the following personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
· Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
· Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
· Stay home if you are ill
· Clean then sanitize surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
· Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
· Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow
· Avoid touching your face
If you or a loved one develops symptoms of COVID-19, please call the hotline 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) for further guidance. If the person is severely ill, call the 811 (emergency hotline) or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately.